Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fabric Love....


I got a package in the mail this week of some gorgeous fabric by Patty Young. It is a Fat Quarter of each fabric from the Mezzanine line.

I was inspired by this quilt which is made using the entire Mezzanine range.
I plan to make a big square quilt that will be our Family Picnic rug.

I can't decide which design to make though. While i love the circles on the above quilt, the design calls for raw-edge applique, and I wonder whether that may not stand the test of time as well as a regualr pieced style quilt.

I was then thinking of going something simple like a charm quilt which would mimic the above design but use squares instead of circles. I also found this quilt on flickr which I think could work as a picnic rug too..

What do you think??

And I was very excited when I read Anna Maria Horner's blog this morning to find out I have won a copy of her new book Handmade Beginnings. I haven't won anything before in blogland (mainly because I only enter giveaway if I really really want the prize).

I think this prize may lead to a few more fabric purchases and a very long 'To Do' list. I would particularly love to use some of Anna Maria's new line 'Good Folks' to make some clothes for litlte Miss Juliet... I'll wait until the book arrives before making any decisions though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, well done winning your first giveaway! How exciting! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I found it really touching. I haven't visited you before, I don't think, but I hope to see you again. Love the quilts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beck... I really enjoy your gorgeous blog and your op-shop exploits. I think your book on Vic's op-shops is fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete